-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Macklin
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:39 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Re: Carrier with one sideband

The method of generating AM with a SSB transmitter by reinserting carrier
was a common mode of operation in the late 50's and early 60's. The TV video
signal works this way.

It is my understanding the modern RICEBOXES that generate AM do it in the
exact way.