AMEN!!!
Rev. Don W4BWS
----- Original Message ----- From: "D. Chester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:46 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] RE: MODULATION POWER REQUIRED

Most of us stay somewhere within the ballpark of the so-called "legal limit", and worrying about an occasional voice peak that might jump a little over, every now and again for a milliseconds or two during the course of an entire old-buzzard transmission, is MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Is everyone that picky and consientious in regard to exceeding the posted speed limit when we drive, something that can actually put our own or someone else's life in danger?

We need to be more concerned about overmodulation, flat-topping and other improper conditions that generate spurious distortion products and do actual harm on the bands by causing unnecessary splatter and interference beyond the limits of our normal channel width. (Not the same thing as the higher frequency audio components that occur naturally in our voice signals.)

Don k4kyv