With the controversy about the Reply/Reply All buttons, I thought I would explain to all of you why they are configured as they are presently.

A couple of years ago the list was having trouble with a similar problem that had to do with personal replies being sent to the list. They were personal messages intended for one person only.

Brian instituted a discussion about the problem and how to configure the buttons. The subscribers overwhelmingly decided to configure them as they are now. Their feeling was that the Reply button should go to the entire list and the Reply All button would go to the list as well as the sender.

Now I can't tell you why the people who responded decided to do this, I can only tell you that is what the majority decided. After considering all input, Brian configured the buttons as requested, so that is why they work in the fashion they do.

Recently, the admin people have had some discussion about this considering the recent problem. Currently, if you hit the Reply All button, you will see all addresses you are sending your message to and you can just click on the addressee you wish to delete and hit your delete key until only the sender's address is left.

Brian asked for input on this issue and I urge you to respond. Since most of the traffic on the list is appropriate not much has to be done . But we have had a couple of incidents where we have had to intervene, which caused some controversy. If you will express your opinion, the administration will consider all input and make a decision that takes into account your desires and what is the easiest path for us.

I have been urging you individually about the For Sale ads and all I have written or call have been understanding and congenial, and I appreciate your responses. I take it upon myself to read each message for appropriate content and, when I am not interested in the topic it is very boring. However, I do enjoy all posts, particularly the technical discussions.

Remember guys and gals, keep your posts appropriate and on topic. Read the rules at the link at the bottom of this message and follow them and post your input so Brian can make an informed decision.

Jim/W5JO
Moderator