Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:34 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] Dummy Load

I know this has been beaten to death many times, but for the sake of an old man with a bad memory could we discuss the most economical (very important)
way to provide a dummy load for testing a broadcast transmitter.  I have a
few Cantennas, but they get hot real quick at 1000 watts and I'd like
something I could be a little more confident in.  If I were to use the
proper number of series/parallel non-inductive resistors at say 100 watts
each, what kind of support system would be best to insure at least a one
minute key down time? Would immersing them in oil or attaching them to heat
dissipating metal with a blower be the better choice?

Thanks for any and all advice you may offer..

Rick/K5IAR

Database version: 5.09840
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/