----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Crawford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Dummy Load

I made a mistake about 35 years ago buying some "non-inductive resistors for a dummy load. The only place they were non-inductive was at 60 Hz. The carborundums are not in the category. IIRC, the PEP output would be 4 times the carrier with 100% modulation, hence, a kW out of carrier(which is too much for amateur purposes) would be 4 kW out. This is why the 375 watt level gives 1500 watts PEP(thanks to the 1990 power reduction[sarcasm inserted].
                                                Joe W4AAB
----- Original Message ----- From: "John coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service'" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>