Pete,

I agree!  However, WE do NOT know whose hands WHAT passed through and WHEN.

This is an unfortunate path that "small" museums deal with. They may well NOT have gotten what was "originally" on display at the factory.

Unless someone decides to dig deeper or the current museum folks are willing or even able to fill in the blanks!

Personally, I'd LOVE to see the Smithsonian pick up the banner! They manage to pull off things in a VERY spectacular fashion. You'd "think" it would interest them, BUT, alas it doesn't seem to be. I've been there enough times to tell you that I have NEVER seen Amateur Radio in ANY display there. I've lived withing 30 miles of there since 1984. I've also lived within that radius on two "other" periods of my life and did NOT see it then either.

One can only hope!

Bob - N0DGN

Peter Markavage wrote:
That's probably true but, from an earlier e-mail, it sounded like this
museum originated at the Johnson factory and then was later moved to its
present location. One would have thought they would have retained at
least one production model or a preproduction model.

Pete

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:00:17 -0400 rbethman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>