On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Jim Wilhite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Breaking a contract in the form of a CC&R is very difficult, but has been
> done.  The court system, the FCC and most hams are afraid to get on the side
> of Amateur Radio in this issue, because of all the little ladies in tennis
> shoes who will spend whatever time and money it takes to wart the officials
> crazy.  This is the kind of thing that draws TV reporters like moths to a
> flame.

Reminds me of those sports stars who sign multi-million dollar
contracts seeing the direct benefit to them, then try to weasel out of
it later once they have the dough.

I see it more as having the potential to make amateurs look foolish,
as well as whiners and crybabies. That we'd willingly sign a document
clearly stating what is off limits, then play the victim and cry foul.
We do see a lot of this type of nonsense in today's world where no one
apparently is responsible for the choices they make, it's just sad to
see the group that supposedly looks out for amateur radio considering
the same nonsense. Then again - it is a 'brave, new-age world' and we
have the equivalent in the ARRL. We really shouldn't be surprised.
That it's taking place in Texas and Oklahoma instead of somewhere like
San Francisco, Seattle, or New England is somewhat amazing, though.

As for those old ladies, Jim - more power to them for sticking up for
what's right and expecting others to live up to their end of the
bargain. As Bruce, Larry, and others have said - no one is twisting
anyone's arm to move there. (o:

~ Todd