Hi Guys,

It just totally escapes me why a Ham would dole out $$$ for the BIGGEST
investment in his life, i.e. a house, and then whine about existing
covenants against antennas...

Doesn't it make supreme sense to check things out first, BEFORE signing on
the dotted line...? (HINT: think of the old "...never jump into an empty
swimming pool / look before you leap" adage for comparative purposes).

When we were house-hunting here 18 years ago I specifically told our real
estate agent to watch for antenna restrictions / covenants: if there were
any, we simply crossed that property off our list. Simple. Why buy your way
into the heartache & disappointment of future, on-going "firefights" over
your "right" to raise an antenna...? Why in your right mind would you want
to raise the ire of your neighbours by becoming the target of blame for each
& every blip on their TV screens / telephone static / loss of internet
connection / ad nauseam...?

Surely there must be enough suitable domiciles available for sale in the
country that one's choices would NEVER have to be THAT limited...unless, of
course, one is afflicted with some sort of a demented martyr's syndrome, or,
one thrives on the anataganism of others, & upon personal chaos...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ