On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:36 AM, VJB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wish there were more sentiment to move "down low" on 40 meters as well,
> especially with yet another Gulf Coast hurricane threat creating a
> circumstance in the 7285-7290Kc area.

Paul, there's been some activity down around 150 on 40m. Worked Ralph
W3GL and another gent there a few weeks back, FB signals. The problem
is getting more folks to remember how to twist the VFO knob or to find
a clear spot and call CQ. If the few 'spark plug' stations aren't on
the air, everyone else seems to just listen and wait.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ