I left the house at 6AM this morning and drove 200 miles to Winchester,
Virginia to retrieve the Collins 20V-2 that was given to me. The station
went QRT Monday and yesterday all 4 320' towers were dropped by cutting a
guy anchor. I was sad to see the destruction of a 60 year old AM site just
so a housing project can be started. The 20V-2 is in fine shape, a few
obvious thing need to be addressed....and it has 48 years of dirt to be
dealt with.

Here are some pictures of today's exploits and I will post some more
tomorrow after I unload the truck and trailer.

http://www.dxham.com/2008-11-22/

Notice the nice wall of Collins  2 Antenna tuning units in 20v cabinets, the
20v-2, the far end is a Collins FM transmitter all tubes.

While I was there today I was offered a Harris MW-5 AM TX ( 5KW Ceramic
tubes, Solid state exciter ). It is up for adoption if anyone has the
desire. I have no interest in it. TX is located near Washington, DC it is
BIG and HEAVY.

73, Al K3TKJ