Not bad shape at all Al!  Not nearly as dirty as I though it might
have been from your description.  Congrats on saving one of the great
old AM broadcast Tx's out there.  Sad to hear about the demise of the
old AM station however.

73 & good luck!

Brian / wa5am

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great pictures! The old gal looks to be in pretty good shape.
> Congratulations!
> Rick/K5IAR
>

> I left the house at 6AM this morning and drove 200 miles to Winchester,
> Virginia to retrieve the Collins 20V-2 that was given to me. The station
> went QRT Monday and yesterday all 4 320' towers were dropped by cutting
> guy anchor. I was sad to see the destruction of a 60 year old AM site
> just
> so a housing project can be started. The 20V-2 is in fine shape, a few
> obvious thing need to be addressed....and it has 48 years of dirt to be
> dealt with.
>
> Here are some pictures of today's exploits and I will post some more
> tomorrow after I unload the truck and trailer.
>
> 73, Al K3TKJ

"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dawg"/K5BAI

My website: http://w5ami.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]