From: "rbethman" <rbeth...@comcast.net>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Is the novelty of the "new" 40m band wearing
offalready?

Todd,

That IS part of the current discourse.  Everyone IS solely talking about
the lower end of the band where General Class cannot go without the
probable penalty of getting nailed.

I *DO* run upward of 7175.  Haven't had much success with contacts, AND
I don't just listen.

Being honest about it, the upper area USED to be VERY active.  Then we
lost one of our VERY welcome voices due to a fatal stroke.  This
geographical area, that spread across PA, MD, and VA has NOT been the
same since.

I've found the activity level to have just about gone to nothing.

Bob - N0DGN

--
Bob - NØDGN