Keep in mind that some of the here stations may be within your cone of
silence.  I live in The South of Oklahoma and there is a guy over in
Central New Mexico near Alberquirky that I haven't heard in about 2
years.    He is very active on 7.290 but  propagation is not favorable
for us any longer.

There was a group scattered from Arkansas to Louisiana to Texas on 7.163
some time back  but the skip  has almost silenced them.  They can be
found on 3.663 in the mornings and afternoons now.

So as Todd says, make some noise and there maybe some one listening.

73

Jim/W5JO