I've always had two theories as to why stations continue to purchase
RE27s, one is that if you are already using 5 or 10 of them and all
your processing is set up for the re27, you will be loath to throw
another mic into the mix and have to accommodate it; the other is a
notion true or false, that RE27s are built to take talent
abuse--dropped, left out in the rain....I know Bob Heil's mics are
made to sound good; can anyone speak to their ability to stand up to
physical abuse?  One reason I don't recommend the 20 and 27 to hams is
that hams probably take better care of their mics than some DJ and
therefore don't need to pay an extra 200 or 300 dollars for the
ruggedness.

Rob K5UJ