Since I am the troublemaker that started this thread I want to say
thanks to Bob and Todd. I will admit that I have enjoyed watching this
thread veer off toward the moon and I will also say I enjoyed reading
all the different comments. I agree with Bob's summation. Right on. If I
wanted to run a broadcast station I would buy one. As Todd summed it up
I am going to make the recommended audio changes to the KW-1 including
jumpering the clipper and eliminating the splatter filter. I will start
with the Shure 55SH that I have and may also try other mics. But it will
stop there. No outboard processing, equalizing, or compressing. Thanks
to all that responded and now maybe you can help with the request for
D104 rebuilding that I just posted

73
Jerry K9GOZ