A friend of mine sent me a nice Harvey Wells Bandmaster transmitter. He
repainted the cabinet a glossy black. It looks GREAT, but is not the original
wrinkled or gritty looking finish. It is perfectly smooth with no dents or
scratches. He is a great painter.

My question is: Is there a wrinkled or rough finish paint that can be applied
DIRECTLY over this glossy black paint? Does anyone know the correct color for
the Harvey Wells Bandmaster cabinet? I am not sure if St. James Gray such as
the 75A Collins line would be the correct color or not. I seem to remember the
color being a very dark gray , but not quite black I don't want the wrinkled
(as in SX 28A face plate) color, but more like the finish of the cabinet on the
SX 28A or the finish on the 75A line of Collins gear IF THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO
THE ORIGINAL COLOR OF THE HARVEY WELLS BANDMASTER.

Your input will be appreciated. 73, John, K5PGW