Hello Jim. The answers  are: Yes I like to see all posts that are relatively
relevant and responsive to the initial post.

NO, I don't think the moderator should have to step in and say "enough is
enough". I think the members should exercise SELFf control and hesitate to jump
in and post input and opinion about EVERY query or subject broached on the
reflector. I think WE should ask ourselves, has there been an intelligent,
relevant and helpful response thus far and do I really have anything meaningful
to add to the discussion? Then, we should decide whether what we have to offer
has already been posted and if the query has been fully addressed in other
sufficient information to fully address his need. Maybe we should drop the
original poster a direct email to determine if further treatment of his subject
matter is needed.

No! regarding the time limit, but I think the original poster should be given
WHAT HE HAS ASKED FOR and not a lot more. If someone posts a query asking "what
time is it", he should not be given  ten lessons on building a watch. There are
often simple questions asked to which  replies are given that resemble a
doctoral dissertation  that may leave the original poster of the query
thinking, "I am sorry I asked because, I really didn't want to know that much".
A simple question should get a simple answer!!!

No, I do not want to control what is posted. I think topics on the AM reflector
should be related to the mode of AM radio and the electronic theory, electronic
principles, formulas and practical application of the AM mode.

I think that well meaning Amateurs, who participate on the AM reflector or any
other reflector, with the benevolent attitude of being of service to fellow
Amateurs who are in need of assistance, will do what is right. I believe that
those who post for the purpose of showboating, grandstanding, trying to impress
others with their expertise and trying to show that his or her knowledge is
SUPERIOR to other responders to a post will not do the right thing. I say, be
considerate of your fellow Amateurs and use the reflector for their benefit and
yours and not to IMPRESS others for your gratification and we will have a GREAT
AM reflector. Self Control and respect will do the job. 73, John, K5PGW