Don wrote:

>I'm far more concerned about all the consumer crap on the market
to-day that
>dumps buzzies and hash all over the HF spectrum, with apparent
impunity .

This as a VERY serious problem for all radio users -  there seems to no
longer be any interest in control of incidental RF radiators.  For
example, when I got an FCC field engineer  to come out and test some
noisy LED traffic signal systems, he said (paraphrasing), "Yes, I can
see none of these are meeting Part 15 requirements, but hey, people can
just listen to the stronger signals that get over the noise."  And
shrugged and went back to the office.

I did a study of the noise problems for FM broadcast reception due to
locally-generated noise.  You guys might find it interesting as it
really applies to the whole spectrum (I just needed to focus on our
industry in particular). I've posted a copy of the resulting paper on
my website at

http://www.wd8das.net/IndoorRadioNoise/IndoorRadioNoise-paper.pdf

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohns...@aol.com