Hi All

The noise floor in my neighborhood is thru the roof because of all the
switching power supplies and compact fluorescent lights. It sucks, but that's
just the way it is. I also live 3 blocks from the Dallas Area Rapid Transit
light rail line which is powered by a monster switcher.

Steve's paper is good stuff, he put a lot of work into it, but also please see
the paper by Chuck W1HIS

http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf

A lot of it is Common Mode Chokes for Antennas, but he spends discusses getting
rid of interference from computer power supplies etc. with ferrite common
mode chokes

Chuck is a big time contester and DX'er and also happens to be a Radio and
Radar Astronimer and is Professor Emerius of Planetary Studies at MIT. He also
holds several of the patents that make GPS work. SOB may know what he's talking
about. He also has a really neat design for what he calls a Sloper Doublet that
covers all the HF bands. I can send you some poop on it if anyone is interested.

Bill AD5OL