From: "oldra...@comcast.net" <oldra...@comcast.net>
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thu, April 8, 2010 7:47:21 AM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Soldering, Me = Yes! Building, soldering and wiriing
techniques?

Sure I know how to solder.  I learned building my own "first" 6V6 transmitter.
Then when I was new with Western Electric, I could solder over 1000 connections
a day without error, we all could.  Later we used Wire-wrap guns, and I could
get 1200+ fanned, skinned and wrapped per day, all without error. (telephone
men know what I'm talking about)

Those were the days.

But nothing beats building your own homebrew rig, or point-to-point wired kit.

Are there any clubs out there who teach new hams how to pass the test, also
teaching them wiring, soldering and building techniques?  Perhaps we should?
What good is a license that only takes money to get on the air?

73, John Dilks, K2TQN

* In my many years, I have come to the conclusion that one useless *
* man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is Congress. *

* -- John Adams (1735- 1826) *