On 22 Apr 2009 at 23:05, Greg D. wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> For satellite work, 1.2 ghz receive performance is irrelevant.  It's always
> an uplink.  I have yet to hear anything on 1.2 ghz, other than a beacon off
> to the west.
>The only repeater within earshot went off the air a few years ago.  But L/US
>is a great mode on AO-51.
>
> Greg  KO6TH

Could be this band will gain some revival with DSTAR we have one here in
Montreal on DSTAR with high speed internet link. Some folks (read
one) are transmitting audio and video in data mode we even can see them over
the internet.

Just gp on http://raqi.ca/braq/live.htm  and click on "WEB CAM LIVE DE MARIO SI
DISPONIBLE"  It is a balloon launcher group.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe