From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Perry Yantis
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:37 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] TS-2000X performance on 23cm band - ?

I have one of the early ts200x's and I have had no problems on 1.2 ghz.

I mainly us it for the satellites but also use it for the vhf contests and
it has always worked fine.

I have consistantly worked many in Ohio on 1.2 ghz with just a M2 at about
30 ft.

I have also heard some others outside of Ohio during band openings (rare but
it does happen).;

I don't know where you got this idea that the receive was bad on these rigs.

The radio does have a built in preamp.

I leave it turned OFF for hf because it makes too much noise.

I leave it ON for vhf, and uhf because it does improve the ssb signals.

On 1.2 the preamp is ALWAYS on.

Perry WB8OTH