At 10:33 AM 5/16/2009, Greg D. wrote:
>------------------snip---------
>Pretty much every Wi-Fi antenna I've ever seen is linearly
>polarized.  The "diversity" antennas are two separate antennas,
>usually one vertical and one horizontal, with separate cables going
>to two radios.  Going circular would seem to be a no-brain
>improvement for the Wi-Fi crowd, but I think I've only seen one vendor do it.
>
>Enjoy the new toy,
>
>Greg  KO6TH

I have toyed with using a comercial medium gain patch array for 2.4
GHz Leos.  I would guess that there is no incentive to use circular
pol for terrestrial data links.  Even reflections and multi-path
signals would remain linear.  Space com is a totally different deal
and circular makes sense if there is room for the CP antenna on the sat.

I still have my 85cm offset dish fed with short helix for AO-40 2.4
GHz, but I expect the narrow beamwidth would be lots of trouble for
manual tracking 2.4 Leos.  That is why I thought to use a 10-dB
commercial antenna (also cheap and easy).  Is CP a better
idea?  ...and would one need to reverse the sense on 2.4 GHz very often?

73, Ed - KL7UW