Whether or not a question is raised after someone has actually tried to work it
out for themselves or not is immaterial.

If this reflector, which lets face it is concerned with some fairly high level
stuff in comparison to normal ham radio operations), is going to go the way of
responding to a perfectly reasonable question with the reply of "read the
******g manual", then newcomers and interested observers are going to beat a
hasty retreat thinking that AMSAT is elitist.

We must not be seen to be typical of the 'those that know' wanting to protect
their playground mentality.

I have asked some downright stupidly basic questions on here over the years and
have always been responded to with friendliness and professionalism even though
I have often had a mental picture of my "helpers" banging their heads against a
wall in frustration. But on the back of that I have been able to help with
other people's issues where the same question has arisen.

If questions offend then use a combination of filters and the delete key.

My 2 peso's worth.

David KG4ZLB