Listening on the 22:24utc pass of AO-51 just now and for the second day
running, the sudden distinct change in sound reception tells me that the
analogue signal is being switched over to digital for TLM collection
just as it gets to me in Florida.

If this is so then could we have a schedule of what passes TLM is going
to be collected please - we only get a few days to work mode L and I am
0 for 2  and I can not be bothered to waste time if the published
schedule is not going to be adhered too!

If its just not working in L/U then forget the rant!

Thanks

--
David
KG4ZLB

n...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> Thanks for this Drew. I have just seen that designation on the AO-51
> information page (the one linked to the status page on the AMSAT site) for
> the first time, although I've made countless visits to that page over the
> past year.
>
> For those who will operating Field Day from remote/portable sites and using
> antennas like the Elk or Arrow, you may wish to check out this PDF, which I
> found on the Cushcraft Web site:
>
> http://www.cushcraft.com/comm/support/pdf/Antenna-Polarization-14B32.pdf
>
> After reading it, I believe that AO-51 could prove to be more challenging to
> work than usual this weekend, given a TX output in the SO-50 neighborhood and
> the antenna mismatch many of us will be dealing with (i.e., linear polarized
> antenna at the ground station vs. circularly polarized at the satellite).
>
> If I misread the document and have drawn inaccurate conclusions, I hope
> someone will post a correction. However, it seems to me like this provides
> all the more reason for us to focus on AO-7, FO-29 and VO-52 if we can.
>
> Thanks to all,
>
> Tim - N3TL
> -------------- Original message from "Andrew Glasbrenner"
> <glasbren...@mindspring.com>: --------------