Sorry for being kind of late to the party for this subject.

John, I don't know if you are building or buying but in the case of the
former my XYL and I are designing a house right now for an area which
doesn't strictly prohibit antennas like I have now, but would likely not
allow it.  Working with the architect we have the plan for the attic space
to be able to contain my current KLM 40el. (20x20) 70cm and Cushcraft 20el
(10x10) 2m antennas as well as my 23cm VE3NPC type helix and 13cm K5GNA
BBQ dish.  It makes for a high roof, but many homes in Texas these days
have steep roofs so the design actually looks normal from the outside.
The basic idea is a 9 1/2 foot radius hemisphere that's 5 1/2 feet above
the floor of the attic (5 1/2 feet being the height of the boom above the
floor).  It took some explaining to the architect how an az/el antenna
setup works and looks, but he got the right idea.  I can send you a .pdf
of the roof/attic drawing if you are interested.  The house is about 4500
sq. ft. area under roof in order to accomodate my antennas (although the
size is a result of what we wanted for the floor plan, not the result of
what was needed for the antennas).

And, it was good to see Eric's link to DH5MK.  It gave me a lot of relief
to finally see an installation similar to what I am planning!  I wasn't
sure how satellite through a roof would work over the various bands, but
it seems to me that any loss can easily be overcome by preamps and
amplifiers in a space where you can hook up whatever you need without the
worry of weather.

73,
Jerry
N0JY