Just a question but if you do not think the US got to the Moon in 1969
and neither do you think they will get back to the Moon in 2012, how do
you propose seeing an amateur repeater on the Moon?

Get the crew of the ISS to toss out a repeater, like SuitSat, but throw
it really, really hard in the general direction of the Moon and hope it
lands?

I don't understand your logic.

73 David
KG4ZLB