Leroy,

Should I wait until you're satisfied that the Apollo 11 mission and all
surrounding the Apollo program was NOT, collectively, a hoax before I mail your
QSL card for the contact you seemed excited to make yesterday on SO-50 with K5E?

I mean ... who would celebrate a hoax?

I was born in 1956 and grew up in the middle of the Cold War and the Space
Race. I am insulted by the "moon deniers," as an earlier poster characterized
them.

They confound me on two levels:

1 - Collectively, they fail to mention that America's one true adversary in the
race to the moon - Russia - has never raised an iota of skepticism over the
Apollo program's validity. Given the access to the audio, photographic and
video record of the program, the fact that the Apollo program's achievements
stand without challenge backed by significant evidence on the part of the
single entity with the most to gain by exposing such a charade suggests there
is nothing to expose. I suppose you can claim that Russia was in on it, too
(i.e., "if only the high up know about the hoax and the miss-direction - then a
hoax on a massive scale can be pulled off"). Yeah ... right.

2 - Collectively, you fail to include the deaths of Gus Grissom, Ed White and
Roger Chaffee in the Apollo 1 capsule. Since the Apollo program succeeded in
completing multiple moon landings, their deaths cannot be attributed to a
"Capricorn One scenario." How and why did that tragic accident become a part of
the hoax? Were Grissom, White and Chaffee the inaugural members of the federal
witness protection program? Oh, wait ... their deaths triggered the launch of
the hoax because of the dangers involved. Yeah ... right.

Let me know about that QSL.

73,

Tim - N3TL
K5E - The 40th Anniversary Apollo 11 Satellite Special Event

-------------- Original message from kd8...@aol.com: --------------