Hi Joe and the group.   IMHO when we get to discussing IGRF for mounting an
antenna and rotator for amateur radio use, we are over thinking this issue.
Now I must admit that I only have a 3 degree difference in EN19 which I
completely ignore.  I find there is too much magnetic QRM around here to get
a good reading of MN and then correct for TN.  The more sensitive the
compass the harder to get a bearing.  Well you get a bearing, but you know
its dead wrong because you get a different reading my moving a few feet  in
any direction.  So, unless you use the super desensitized 1/2" diameter
compass on a Captain Canada Decoder Ring I find Google Earth pragmatically
good enough.

Software such as SatPC32 and others allow you to make permanent corrections
for AZ and EL changes or compensation for mounting the antenna a little off
horizontal and true north, or changes that occur over time.  A little
slippage in any of the half dozen U-Bolts between the terra firma and the
antenna beam during a windstorm can be corrected - U-bolts on the mast to
rotator, rotator to boom, boom to the antenna saddle, the saddle to the
beam.  It's a wonder anything stays pointing to where you want it.

However, to contradict myself, I have been known, on occasion, to sight
along the beam of my yagis to the Sun and use any number of the freeware Sun
locator applications.  Very handy on Field Days in remote locations.   I've
never found the Sun's RF useful for aligning antennas mainly because I've
never heard the difference on UHF/VHF or S band even with preamps, but,
maybe that hearing loss due to age :-)

73, Alan VE4YZ
EN19kv
AMSAT LM 2352