One can also use Polaris (the North Star) at least in most of the northern
hemisphere where it is visible.  A long time ago, I went outside after
dark and looked at how my house lined up with Polaris.  In my case, it was
a dead sight along the front or back side and the peak of the roof to
Polaris.  If it's not, you could use a protractor to determine the
difference.  I have done that, relative to the E/W lines of the side of
the house, to point the TV antenna to 125 degrees toward the transmitter
site for this area.

Jerry
N0JY