*/(Also posted on the 9100 BB)/*

I thinks its a "pretty" radio (for what that's worth!), the screen could
have been in colour and a fish finder might have been nice.

It looks like the display on a 746 so in that regard its a bit of a
throwback.

It's a TS2000 clone(ish)

Would I buy one? Maybe, but only after it had been checked out to ensure
no "TS" like birdies.

Of course its a shack in a box and more so now that they have stuffed
1.2 into it - I am a bit concerned that these types of radios are jack
of all trades and masters of none which is where I believe the TS falls
down.

I gather that the 1.2 module is different to the 1.2 unit that goes in
the 910 so no saving there; I can't take the one from my 910 - I think
that's just plain wrong of Icom to expect us to buy yet another unit
when I am sure the existing one could have been made to fit. That is
just wrong, wrong, wrong!

This is going to be expensive and I want some other suckers with more
money than sense, err...sorry, I meant enthusiasts ( :-D ) to find out
where the glitches are, get Icom to fix them and bring out the
IC-9100MKII before I would contemplate buying one!

Just my tuppence!

David
KG4ZLB