Robert, please, keep in mind that everyone working on building
spacecraft is a volunteer.  Nobody is paid to build a particular
project, nor can they be expected to do so.  Therefore, to some
extent, he who does the work makes the rules.

At the same time, planners and buildings know full well that, without
substantial Member support, projects won't be funded.

In the end, the best current interests of the Members and creative
visions are weighed carefully by our elected Directors.  The outcome,
of necessity, includes many reasonable possibilities, with which
reasonable people will agree and disagree.  (I've seen the process
first hand.)

Rather than engage in further dialog on BB, I suggest joining in the
process by voting for your choice of Directors, coming to Board
meetings, writing articles for the Journal with specific ideas, and
following whatever other constructive paths come to mind to help the
AMSAT mission succeed.

Don't criticize.  PARTICIPATE!

I hope this helps.

73, art.....