There is an even cheaper way if you like to build your own.

Paul, W1GHZ, has a set of transverter boards that can be used on 900MHz
to 3.4GHz and are CHEAP to build if you like homebrewing.

I have the 900MHz and 1.2GHz boards and they have cost me about 150
dollars to procure parts and the boards so far not counting the parts
that I have on hand in the junk box. You'll have to look at providing
your own sequencing, enclosures, and connectors for these based on how
you want to.

Pauls page for the transverters is:
http://www.w1ghz.org/MBT/multiband.htm

Hope this is something that you might find useful and consider them.

James W8ISS
=====