Hi Mario,

For L band uplink I use an SSB Electronics UTM 1200DLX.  It generates
about 15 watts out for 5 watts in.  It has a 144MHz input.  If I am
working mode L/S, I will use my FT-817 for the mode L input, the 5 watts
(about 3 to the UTM 1200 on the roof) works fine.  That leaves the
FT-736 for the 144 MHz IF for the S band downlink.  Mode L/U would allow
the use of just the FT-736, 144MHz for the UTM 1200 and then receive on
the 70cm side.

73,
Jerry
N0JY