Obviously there are those with the skills to "fix" the website.  However, most
of the AMSAT members, including me, do not have those skills.  I do have skills
in other areas, but I have enough to do just trying to keep my own website
current and it is one of those "websites for dummies" types that Go Daddy has
available.  Now they don't call it "websites for dummies" but that is what it
basically is.

It is going to take more than an advertisement in the newsletter, which, I am
almost certain many, if not most, of the members don't even notice, to get the
volunteer help needed.  Basically, it is going to take a "feature" article and
maybe even a "headline" on the cover.

I have been a member of AMSAT since the 2nd month of its creation and, over the
years, I have seen people come and go as well as peaks and lows in the level of
participation of the membership.  Like most organizations there are a
relatively few people who do the majority of the work and, unfortunately, it is
really "up to" those who are doing the actual work to ask for help.  Is this
unfair?  To quote the old "Laugh In" TV show, "you bet your sweet bippy".
However, this is just one of the unfortunate "facts of life" in the volunteer
organization world.

I have been a "professional author" for going on 50 years (have over 1000
copyrighted articles, newspaper columns, etc.), albeit part time.  My articles
have been published in 73 Magazine, CQ Magazine, Ham Radio Magazine, Electric
Radio Magazine, Popular Electronics Magazine, and several other publications.
I was also the first FM Editor of CQ Magazine from January 1971 until September
1973.  In addition, for over 3 years I wrote a three times a week newspaper
column for the Belo Corporation.  If desired, I can write such an article
asking for help.  Let me know if this is desired and to whom the manuscript
should be E-Mailed.

Glen, K9STH
AMSAT 239/LM 463

Website:  http://k9sth.com