> 1) *The website* - my understanding is that this will become a Wiki
> style affair and that someone has already volunteered to start it
>
> Is this correct? Is this happening? Who is doing this?

This is far from a done deal, and a wiki is certainly not going to
replace the entire website. The parties who want to volunteer need to
get a proposal together and present it to the BOD. This means writing up
a proposal and getting to the BOD, then perhaps presenting your proposal
during the meeting next month. Meanwhile, updated versions of existing
articles would be a worthwhile contribution for others to take on.

> 2) *The Satellite Status page* - I was asked to supply information to
> correct any inaccuracy's just before the idea was hatched to use the
> dcarr Live Oscar Satellite Status site as a feeder. Again I understand
> that this has been approved by David Carr, KD5QGR and is awaiting
> implementation.

There are two separate services here. Detailed satellite information
like frequencies, weight, orbit, modes, etc are presented on the current
AMSAT page, along with a week to week accuracy status. Carr's page gives
up the the hour status, but still links to the AMSAT pages for further
data, and in some cases to the obsolete pages from the prior website.
Carr's engine would be a good addition to the AMSAT page, but it's not
enough to replace it by a far stretch. I still need input on corrections
to the Status page sent either via the website bug link, or directly to me.

> 3) *The volunteer page* - clearly the thing is broken and clearly people
> do not know this until after they have filled in the form.
> So would it not be an idea to state clearly on the home page of the
> website that the site is undergoing some sort of revamp? In that way
> viewers know the we know that the issues are being addressed.

As I've been told, the submittal of the survey works now, but who the
information goes to may be under revision/addition. If you are reading
this and you want to help with something, just call the office, or email
the officer responsible for that area, and forget about that survey
until we can get it working 100%. Yes, it needs fixed, but a serious
volunteer doesn't let such a silly thing get in their way. Mike is 100%
correct in my opinion, blaming a faulty website is a cop-out.

73, Drew KO4MA