----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob- W7LRD" <w7...@comcast.net>
To: <ao51-mo...@amsat.org>; <ao51-mo...@amsat.org>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 8:03 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-51 L/S?

> Hello Gents

< snip>

The only way I have for "tweeking" my S band gear is to put a -35Dbm signal
source at the end of my driveway and tweeking my equipment and antennas.
Real world evaluation is always the proof of success.

> 73 Bob W7LRD

Hi Bob W7LRD

Instead to use a -35 dBm signal source why you don't try to receive the
Sun-Noise ? Using my 4 feet parabolic dish and an overall Noise Temperature
of 75 kelvin (1 dB NF) of my receiving system with 50 kelving from the cold
sky yesterday I got 3,5 dB of Sun-Noise with the actual 72 sfu (Solar Flux
Units ) which is a very low value of Sun activity.at 2800 MHz 10.7 cm
Using the program NOISE.EXE this metod allow you to compute if the Sun-Noise
level that you receive is in agreement  or not with the receiving parameters
of your receiving system i.e. it is a small radioastronomy exercise and a
more accurate method than using a Signal-Source.
In a separate email I have sent to you the progam NOISE.EXE
The site where to get daily the Radio Flux in sfu at 2800 MHz 10.7 cm as
requested by NOISE.EXE is:

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/indices/DSD.txt

73" de

i8CVS Domenico