Bob and Dan -

I sympathize with what you're saying and know you both have AMSAT's best
interests at heart.  But unfortunately I don't see this exchange going in a
positive direction.

We all know this is not the first time somebody has come on this mailing list
lacking a constructive motive.  It appears that, with such a person, it is a
counter-productive to continue the exchange.  No matter what meaningful and
accurate comments you might make, it will get twisted or otherwise
re-interpreted in a negative fashion or in the light most favorable to an
ulterior agenda.  This is *my opinion* as an AMSAT member and thus *not*
something I will debate online, or in private for that matter.  Thus understand
in advance ["Rocky"] why I will ignore any non-constructive responses to this
message.

I think we agree this list is a great thing for those wanting information,
having bona fide questions, or wishing to offer a constructive opinion.  I will
be happy to exchange messages with anybody who (in my opinion) is engaging in
something positive or constructive.

I would, however, recommend that those of us who have AMSAT's best interest at
heart try something different to deal with negativism.   My suggestion is to
attempt once (and only once) to steer things in a positive or constructive
direction.  If that fails, simply state that you are not obligated to exchange
messages with anybody you believe is not pursing a positive or constructive
agenda.  Make it incumbent on the person making the objectionable comments to
put things back in a positive direction if they wish to get any replies.

If everybody who has AMSAT's best interests at heart followed that, I think
we'd have much better exchanges on this list.  Just a thought...

73, Ken N2WWD