From: "John Magliacane" <kd...@yahoo.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:59 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: PIC rotator control

--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Gordon JC Pearce <gordon...@gjcp.net> wrote:

> The PIC microcontrollers are frankly *dreadful*, without a single
> redeeming feature. What makes me like them even less is that you're
> forced to use the bloody awful Windows software to program them,

I've used "gpasm" for assembly, and "picprog" for serial port programming,
both under Linux, with excellent results.

I generally select the PIC I use in my projects based on the functions I
require, and how well it is supported under the assembler and programmer
indicated above.

This approach has worked extremely well for my purposes.

73, de John, KD2BD

--
Visit John on the Web at:

http://kd2bd.ham.org/