Sorry to hear about your power output problems on your IC-910. I do not
have that problem. It requires an SWR of over 1.5:1 before I start
seeing it degrade in output power. I have almost 100 watts (stays around
98 watts output) for the entire 2 meter band until the swr goes above
1.5:1. 70 cm is the same. I have at least 75 watts out on 70 cm even
running it into a 2 meter ground plane or MFJ discone. However, the 2
meter ground plane is very narrow for use on 70 cm and only allows
reasonable swr on the satellite frequencies. I find that a simple 70 cm
30 degree sloper ground plane gives me better band width and of course
works better on the satellites than the 2 meter. The two meter is only
being used due to my sloper being rebuilt right now.

I agree on the comments you made about the TS2000, but have definitely
found the the TS2000 lacking in it "hearing" sensitivity. For a complete
"DC to light" rig, the Kenwood is great, but like some of the other
features about the IC-910 and already have many HF (dc to light ) rigs
such as an Omni VI Ten Tec, Yaesu FT-817 and FT-857 and another
hf/vhf/uhf rig was not necessary. I find that my preference is the
IC-910 due to the comments I have made. I know of many who really like
the TS-2000. As I stated before I have the Kenwood TS711/811 which have
been super units,  but no longer supported by the new software now
available.

Reid, W4UPD

Reid, W4UPD