Your antenna plan is not bad, you just to make sure that their pointing
(direction) are reasonably accurate. The larger the array, the higher
the gain, the more narrow the beam width. The 11 element array pointing
comment was just to be sure that that individual was reasonably close to
the direction of the bird. Off pointed and he could be experiencing the
problem he is seeing of not hearing the bird(s). If was meant only as
another suggestion to look at.

When I get my rotator fixed, I plan on putting the KLM two meter 22
element and 70 cm 40 element arrays back up. They worked extremely well
on AO-7 and the HEOs that once circled the heavens.

Reid, W4UPD