Van: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] Namens
Luc Leblanc
Verzonden: donderdag 10 december 2009 22:33
Aan: amsat-bb@amsat.org
CC: eu-am...@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: [amsat-bb] Loosing the north!!!

Again my Alfa Spid AZ rotor act again yesterday evening it loose his north
setting as it is electronicly set with the control box. Very
easy to reset but in the middle of a snow storm (25cm) i was unable to find
something to point the beam physically to the north.

At the same time there was an AO-51 pass i adjust the rotor to an estimated
north and i follow the whole pass manually writing down the
real calculated azimuth and the one i got from a maximum signal swinging the
rotor back an forth.

I make another pass doing the same operation to fined tuned my pointing and
today on the 1549 EDT pass i was able to get the satelllite at
1 degrees AOS ans LOS!! signal was S7 most of the time and reaching S9 near
TCA?

I don't know if AO-51 is still pointing towards the southern hemisphere but
i notice only one deep fade and signal was much better than the
first attitude change days and i think he never was so strong?

I'm guessing my "scientific" previous north pointing was bad or my UHF beam
is shooting not towards he point? I'm always using automatic AZ
tracking could be i was shooting aside of the target for a while...

Just try this on a pass could be you will be astonish too?

If AO-51 was returned back to his normal attitude i will have to reavaluate
all of what i wrote above.
"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE