On 24 Dec 2009 at 14:52, John Papay wrote:

Date sent:              Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:52:48 -0500
From:                   John Papay <j...@papays.com>
Subject:                [amsat-bb]  HO-68 Audio 24December2009 1807z FM/BBS
To:                     amsat-bb@amsat.org

> An audio recording of the HO-68 pass over the far western
> USA 24Dec2009 1807z is on my webserver:
>
> http://www.papays.com/HO-68_24Dec2009_180656z.mp3
>
> The same scenario continues with packet competing with the voice
> repeater.  How the two work together is not obvious but it does
> seem that the packet shuts down the voice repeater for a period of
> time.  What makes the voice repeater start up again is not clear.

That's what i suspected at my first try.  As soon as a packet signal is
detected the TX shut off to restart with the ACK or command answer.
There is a weird capture effect involved if an analog signal overwhelmed the
digital one the digital retry sequences start until an ACK is
received.

I cannot find any sources to confirm how things behave could be a commanding
station can enlighten us?

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE