Well said David, now a new subject matter gets the delete key.

DX-ing on AO-7

Bob W7LRD

----- Original Message -----
From: "David - KG4ZLB" <kg4...@googlemail.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:09:28 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: It's NOT Censorship

It's not altogether surprising that this topic is being discussed but
really folks, lets look at the facts!

The whole issue revolves around just a few members/posters who
continually try and push the boundaries on what is a large list with
respected and influential members all over the World.

We all know who they are; the ones that immediately post a facetious
reply to a newbie question, the ones that post one line,or worse still,
one word answers that are ambiguous at best and downright rude at worst;
the ones that take childish delight in trying to elicit the maximum
controversy with seemingly innocuous postings. We know who they are and
they know who they are and the laws of defamation restrict me in naming
them!

There is a delete key on your keyboard; there are message filters built
in to your e-mail client and if you really get offended then there is
always the "un-subscribe" route.

But if anyone on the list ever gets to having to be warned by AMSAT
about their conduct on the BB or worse still, be faced with
suspension/expulsion from the list then shame on you!

For the most part we are all responsible adults involved in a fairly
expensive hobby (note "hobby") that is both highly technical and to most
people, quite complicated. If anyone feels that they can do a better job
than anyone on the current Board then by all means file a motion of no
confidence and see how many fully paid up members back you.

Put up or shut up.

That we have even had to come to an Acceptable Use Policy for this board
should make certain members/posters question whether they should even be
members.

Rant over

David
KG4ZLB