On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:41 -0800, Glen Zook wrote:

> Not every AMSAT member has discretionary funds to contribute to the
> organization

I *do* have the discretionary funds available to become a member, but
for one thing I find it slightly odd that international members pay more
than members in the US, and also I have *no way of paying it*!

I really can't see a way of paying for membership without either a
chequebook or a credit card.  I have neither.  When I opened my first
current account when I was 16 years old, I had a chequebook - that is
the first and last time I have ever had one.  Twenty years later, I
don't even know anyone with a personal chequebook, and as far as I know
my bank doesn't really offer them any more.  I don't have a credit card
either, because I don't need one.  Every bank account I have ever had
(again, at least since I was 16) has had a debit card facility.
Moreover the design of the amsat.org payment gateway doesn't exactly
fill me with confidence - especially since it never accepts the same
account details for me twice!

Gordon MM0YEQ