On 18-Jan-10 00:04, Unknown wrote:

> for one thing I find it slightly odd that international members pay more
> than members in the US,

Postage costs for the Journa are higher to "rest of the world".

   Every bank account I have ever had
> (again, at least since I was 16) has had a debit card facility.

It's likely that your debit card has either the Visa or Mastercard symbol on
it. The vast majority do.
Credit card systems on line will happily accept it.

The alternative is to join Amsat-UK.

--
Nigel A. Gunn,  1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA.  tel +1 937
825 5032