One more update:

I tried pass #744, this morning and copied a big round-table of
several west-coast stations, but was unable to break in.  My downlink
was as loud as them, so...?  I had one call to my CQ right at LOS and
could not complete, sorry!  Bear with me as I am getting reaquainted
with running my radio on satellites ;-)  My sub-VFO tuning control is
not working which complicates netting with another station.  So I
find my signal with the Rx and then engage tracking.  That tracks for
a little while.

The interesting thing is that I copied signals to zero-elevation.  I
would say that I am pleased with the new antennas.

Question: what ERP are most stations using on SSB on HO-68?  I am
running 50w ERP.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
  BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
500-KHz/CW, 144-MHz EME, 1296-MHz EME