Alan,

Are you saying try a different CP?  If you are linear it should not
matter what orientation you chose (that is assuming Arecibo is
CP).  I am not ready with the dish so I quickly tried with my M2
11-element yagi (fixed on horizon) into 0.5 dB GasFet Preamp (Moon
was 14-deg elevation).  Nothing heard on their published freq. of
432.045.  Now I see they were on 432.040 (didn't tune that far
down).  If they were running 20w instead of 400w that is -23 dB on
their signal which will make it hard for small yagis to copy (even CW
with narrow filters).

Back to work on the dish.
My 436CP42 is out of commission due to apparently burning out the
pots in my B5400 az-el rotator (long story).

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 09:50 AM 4/16/2010, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
>Also hearing them.  Be certain, if you can, to try different polarity.  It
>does make a difference.
>
>Alan
>WA4SCA

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-600w, 432-100w, 1296-60w, 3400-fall 2010
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com