Hi Mike-Yes the default is RHCP.  I found LHCP was necessary to hear Arecibo,
when switching to RHCP the signal disappeared.

73 Bob W7LRD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Pfeuffer" <pfeuff...@gmail.com>
To: "i8cvs" <domenico.i8...@tin.it>, amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:52:37 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Arecibo

This was my experience with a KLM 435-40CX and no preamp into a
FT-736R.  I had to energize the relay on the antenna in order to hear
them.  I assume it's RHCP normally, and LHCP when the relay is energized.

I actually had better copy during the SSB portion than the CW, but am
not sure why that was.

--Mike WQ5C