Vince,

When I saw the ARISSat-1 prototype operating at the Dayton Hamvention, the
linear transponder, the CW beacon, and the FM telemetry/announcements/SSTV all
operated *simultaneously*.

Note that ARISSat-1 does not have an FM repeater mode.  The FM transmitter is
used alternately for telemetry, voice announcements, and slow-scan TV pictures.

Gould's presentation on ARISSat-1 from the AMSAT Forum at Dayton is on the
AMSAT website.  It includes slides with diagrams of the uplink and downlink
frequency plan, and a waterfall display of the transmitter output.  The
waterfall clearly shows the linear transponder, CW beacon, and the FM channel.

My expectation is that the linear transponder will be operational as long as
either the battery or the solar cells are providing power.

73, Steve N9IP
--
Steve Belter (s...@wintek.com)         My Desk: 765-269-8521